Thursday, February 10, 2011

Elisha's Stuffed Chicken

4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded flat
Fresh spinach, washed and sauteed in butter (with a little nutmeg sprinkled in at the end) until wilted (probably about a lb or so, not sure how much I had)
Cheese (I used a couple TB of shredded mozzarella in each one but I've also made something similar with slices of gouda and it's really good)

Place 1/4 of spinach on each chicken breast top with cheese. Roll up and tie with kitchen twine (toothpicks never work for me) Melt about TB more butter in skillet brown chicken on all sides, Place in greased 8X8 pan season with salt & pepper and bake at 375 for 1/2 hour.

I was going to dredge these in seasoned flour before browning (to help keep them moist) but I forgot to do that and they were still moist enough.

I just cooked up some packaged wild rice to go along with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment