Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Heidi's Potato Soup

The recipe is not exact so adjust as you need. I took a recipe and then made it my own, by a lot. :) It was a hit.

2-26 oz. shredded frozen hashbrowns
2-cans of cream of chicken soup
5 cups of chicken broth(we made it from boullion) or about 2.5 cans of broth
salt and pepper
onion powder(guestimate) or a whole onion chopped
garlic powder(guestimate)
block of cream cheese'
velveeta cheese

Garnish with:
chives
bacon or bacon bits
cheddar cheese


I mixed the soup, and broth together well and poured over the hashbrowns in crock pot.
Add seasonings and still well.
I cooked on high for 5 hours. About 30 mins before serving you add the cream cheese. I took a block of cream cheese and some velveeta about 3 inches thick and melted them together with some milk. I chopped bacon and cooked it and mixed it in with the cheese and then blended into the soup in the crock pot. We had cheddar cheese and chives on the table for garnish and it turned out really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment